The ChainFree Living Online Community Forums: Discover Your True Self...
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
shellie

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Growing up you may have been taught to put the needs of others above your own. This can be particularly true of females who are seen as caregivers. In some cultures this is a common practice as well. But YOU matter. Your needs, desires, dreams, health, happiness and well-being matter.
If you are continually giving to others and neglecting your own care you will become depleted physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. If you overextend yourself, you will have nothing left to offer another but resentment. This serves no one, ultimately. 

You start to lose the essence of You. You have given yourself away.

I believe taking good care of one’s Self is a necessary priority for every mature adult. This can be especially hard for parents who have so little time for themselves while attending to the various needs of children. But one of the most important tasks of a parent is to be a healthy role model.
Self-care means finding a healthy balance between necessary responsibilities such as child rearing, work, medical appointments, and family obligations with making time to rest, have fun, eat healthy, engage in activities that promote your self-worth, participate in enjoyable exercise, and have some time to yourself. 

It is important to take time to acknowledge your achievements and overall growth. Having healthy boundaries is a crucial part of taking care of yourself. So much so, that I will devote another forum post to it entirely in the near future.

When you are restored to a stronger state and have attended to your own needs, then you can choose to share your time and abilities with others from a genuine place of care, rather than out of guilt or because you feel duty-bound.

I invite you to share on the subject of self-care, particularly what aspects you find most challenging.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!