IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER REGARDING ONLINE COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION
This is a PUBLIC ONLINE Forum.
ChainFree Living Disclaimer
1. Acceptance of our Terms
By visiting the website ChainFree Living Community Forum, viewing, accessing or otherwise using any of the services or information created, collected, compiled or submitted to ChainFree Living, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions of Service. If you do not want to be bound by our Terms your only option is not to visit, view or otherwise use the services of ChainFree Living. You understand, agree and acknowledge that these Terms constitute a legally binding agreement between you and ChainFree Living and that your use of ChainFree Living shall indicate your conclusive acceptance of this agreement.
2. Provision of Services
You agree and acknowledge that ChainFree Living is entitled to modify, improve or discontinue any of its services at its sole discretion and without notice to you even if it may result in you being prevented from accessing any information contained in it. Furthermore, you agree and acknowledge that ChainFree Living is entitled to provide services to you through subsidiaries or affiliated entities.
3. Proprietary Rights
You acknowledge and agree that ChainFree Living may contain proprietary and confidential information including trademarks, service marks and patents protected by intellectual property laws and international intellectual property treaties. ChainFree Living authorizes you to view and make a single copy of portions of its content for offline, personal, non-commercial use. Our content may not be sold, reproduced, or distributed without our written permission. Any third-party trademarks, service marks and logos are the property of their respective owners. Any further rights not specifically granted herein are reserved.
4. Submitted Content
When you submit content to ChainFree Living you simultaneously acknowledge that ChainFree Living hosts various public topic groups and forums (with the exception of forums and groups marked ‘Private’). You confirm that you acknowledge and understand that any content you add in these Forums and Groups via messages, threads, etc cannot be guaranteed confidentiality, including in regards to ‘Private’ groups.
5. Termination of Agreement
The Terms of this agreement will continue to apply in perpetuity until terminated by either party without notice at any time for any reason. Terms that are to continue in perpetuity shall be unaffected by the termination of this agreement.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand and agree that your use of ChainFree Living is entirely at your own risk and that our services are provided “As Is” and “As Available”. ChainFree Living does not make any express or implied warranties, endorsements or representations whatsoever as to the operation of the ChainFree Living website, information, content, materials, services, or products. This shall include, but not be limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, and warranties that access to or use of the service will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the service will be corrected.
7. Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that ChainFree Living and any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall in no event be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages. This shall include, but not be limited to damages for loss of profits, business interruption, business reputation or goodwill, loss of programs or information or other intangible loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the service, or information, or any permanent or temporary cessation of such service or access to information, or the deletion or corruption of any content or information, or the failure to store any content or information. The above limitation shall apply whether or not ChainFree Living has been advised of or should have been aware of the possibility of such damages. In jurisdictions where the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages is not allowed the liability of ChainFree Living is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
8. External Content
ChainFree Living may include hyperlinks to third-party content, advertising or websites. You acknowledge and agree that ChainFree Living is not responsible for and does not endorse any advertising, products or resource available from such resources or websites.
You expressly understand and agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the country, state, province or territory determined solely by ChainFree Living to resolve any legal matter arising from this agreement or related to your use of ChainFree Living. If the court of law having jurisdiction, rules that any provision of the agreement is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms and the remaining Terms will continue to be valid.
10. Entire Agreement
You understand and agree that the above Terms constitute the entire general agreement between you and ChainFree Living. You may be subject to additional Terms and conditions when you use, purchase or access other services, affiliate services or third-party content or material.
11. Changes to the Terms
ChainFree Living reserves the right to modify these Terms from time to time at our sole discretion and without any notice. Changes to our Terms become effective on the date they are posted and your continued use of ChainFree Living after any changes to Terms will signify your agreement to be bound by them.
Rebecca C. Mandeville / ChainFree Living with the permission of Website Disclaimer © 2016 OurDisclaimer.com
ChainFree Living Forum Mission Statement and Community Guidelines
Please read the Community Guidelines – Established 1/24/2016 by ChainFree Living
The purpose of the ChainFree Living Community Forum is simple — to establish a supportive, yet honest, online self-help community devoted to the “True Self” recovery process . With this in mind, you are expected to be civil and treat others with loving-kindness and respect at all times.
While the administrators and moderators of the ChainFree Living forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is not always possible to review every message. Therefore, you acknowledge that all posts made to this forum express the views and opinions of the author and not ChainFree Living, the administrators, moderators, or Webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence they will not be held liable.
By contributing to a ChainFree Living forum, you agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). You agree that the community support team (administrators and moderators of this forum) have the right to remove, edit, move and/or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a member, you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in the ChainFree Living web-hosting service’s database. This information will not be disclosed to any third party without your prior authorized consent.
This forum is primarily for mutual psycho-emotional and psycho-spiritual support and information sharing. Advertisements, announcements, research requests or any type of research on the content of this forum is strictly prohibited. However, clinicians and researchers may contact ChainFree Living with questions and/or requests at email@example.com. Unless otherwise noted, copyrights of individual messages are owned and retained by their original poster. Unauthorized use or reproduction of any material found on this forum is strictly prohibited without prior authorization of the copyright holder.
A valid email address is required to complete your registration. Only one member account per individual. People registering more than one account may lose all accounts on this forum and all forum access.
This is, first and foremost, a self-help support community. That means if your message (post or PM) isn’t about offering support or relevant information to another person or asking for it, it’s potentially not appropriate for our community. Specifically prohibited from our community:
- Advertisements of any sort
- Announcements of one’s own Web site, new resource, or book (you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an announcement of your offerings, which may or may not be granted).
- Announcements for research projects (see above)
- Soliciting others to join another online community
- Flames or messages meant to intimidate or harass others
- Threatening or profane messages
- Messages discussing a private message (PM) from others
- All administrative issues
- Copyrighted materials that you do not own the rights to
- Messages containing suicidal threats or suicidal actions
- Messages containing or condoning illegal acts
- Limit your direct discussion of politics and religion, as people usually hold pretty strong opinions about these topics (you can discuss spirituality in the Sanctuary for Spiritual Support)
- Pedophiles, rapists, and others that have abused another individual physically, psychologically, emotionally or sexually (generally real or acted-upon) are not welcome here because our focus is on support for victims of such abuse; the two are not compatible with one another. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Members should generally not speak for, or about (especially in a negative manner), other current or past members. If a member wants to say something, they are welcomed to do so themselves. If a past member who’s left on their own accord wants to say something, they’re welcomed to start a new account.
- Interpersonal differences with other members should always be handled in private (e.g., via PM).
- All goodbye posts. Instead, PM your friends privately if you choose to leave the community.
Remember that these are Guidelines, not rules, so exceptions can and will be made from time to time for specific circumstances, as determined by the Community Support Team on a case-by-case basis.
All community guidelines apply to all parts of our community, including the comments section of chainfreeliving.com.
For links to other websites, the following guidelines apply:
- Links in your profile are fine. Link to almost anything you want in your profile page, as long as it doesn’t violate our sexual, illegal activities, or profanity guidelines.
- Links on a post to anything online are okay, as long as it’s your personal site, photos, a research article, an article or resource you personally have found useful or helpful, a helpful tip, etc. We don’t want to see people abusing this by saying, “Hey, I just updated my site” and posting about it every week.
- Please refrain from posting links to other communities solely in order to solicit other members to that community.
- Please refrain from posting links without accompanying text (e.g., a personally-written 5-10 sentence description, summary or opinion about the link). We are first and foremost a discussion support forum, and links posted without any accompanying text are not conducive to discussion or support.
- Links in your signature are okay, as long as they are to your personal site, a charity, a helpful resource or article you’d like others to know about, a project or non-profit effort. Generally, no self-promotional links are allowed in one’s signature; exceptions, however, may be made on a case by case basis.
- Pictures in signatures should be no bigger than 30 Kb in size AND 400 x 150 pixels in dimension (60,000 pixels in total dimension size). Your signature picture can be of different dimensions than 400px x 150px, as long as its total size is less than 60,000 pixels.
For custom member titles (after you’ve reached 2,000 posts), you cannot use:
- Any existing forum titles based upon post levels
- Anything profane, sexual, political or religious in nature
- Anything suggesting you are a professional therapist or doctor
- Anything suggesting you are a member of the community support team
- Anything suggesting you are a member of the ChainFree Living staff (formally or informally)
(If you abuse the custom titles, you will get one warning; then the custom titles privilege will be removed.)
When in doubt about appropriate content, contact a moderator at email@example.com before posting questionable material.
Use of Intellectual Property
All users, visitors and members who access this forum agree not to copy and paste, quote, print-out, distribute, or otherwise use a member’s postings or other contributions to the community on another website, blog, or service (including ChainFree Living's blog material) without first obtaining the expressed written consent and permission of the author to do so via a PM or email.
Our photo gallery is for use by registered members. Members are free to post any photograph or image that they have the intellectual property rights to. That means that members should refrain from posting copyrighted material (unless they are the author of the material) or any photo featuring individuals who have not given their expressed permission. No lewd, pornographic or obscene images are permitted. Any photo or graphic in the photo gallery found to be violating this guideline will be removed and the member warned.
This Forum Is Research-Free
We prohibit any non-naturalistic research being conducted on this forum. At no time shall members’ individual posts be quoted or used in the write-up of any research. You are welcomed to help other members research topics and provide research that is potentially helpful to others.
Who owns what I write here?
Can I post other people’s images and photos I found on the Internet here?
Generally, photographs and images on other sites are copyrighted and cannot be used in this forum without the express permission of the author. Please do not post images or photos from other websites without first obtaining the author’s permission. Any such copyrighted material will be removed without notice.
You should be aware that we allow Google and other search engines to index our community in order to help others who are searching for a safe and supportive online self-help support community for psycho-emotional and psycho-spiritual issues to find us. Therefore, please do not post identifying information here that you wouldn’t want to be seen by those who know you in your life.
Who are the moderators here and how do I contact one?
Please feel free to Contact Rebecca if you need assistance or have questions or concerns regarding specific posts and/or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re reading a thread and see a post of questionable content, you can copy and paste the title, date, and time of the post (along with the topic the post was included in) as a message to alert her of the questionable content. She and her team of moderators will then review it and make a decision on whether the post is appropriate or not. Refusing to cooperate with the request or directive of a moderator or administrator may result in your suspension from the community.